Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Odd. But Interesting.

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Oracle ~ the Tribe

We had holiday brunch with niece and nephew and their extended tribes yesterday, most new acquaintances. Rather a foreign concept for us. But fun. The oddest thing to me and held the longest two part discussion? Five of them are licensed to carry, concealed, including my Rob. A reflection of the state of our nation? I wonder how widespread this is?

I asked them if anyone had drawn a handgun. I was the only one, holding a drunk who'd buried his car in my lawn in the middle of the night, until the sheriff came. Interesting. But odd. And I'm not licensed.

Today's quote?  I got nothing...

6 comments:

  1. The Tribe card matches your family gathering of your tribe yesterday. More than we think carry guns. It is a reflection of our times. Hopefully all will lay them down today in honor of a The Season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started off on a completely different tack, about loneness. I just never know where my blog will take me

      Delete
  2. I think concealed is better than open carry. We have lots of people who sport their handguns on their hips here; it seems more from arrogance than a need to protect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ask who was carrying yesterday :) Carrying open is a much easier permit, in many states you don't even need a permit to carry open. Such a world...

      Delete
  3. Reading this I am so happy this is not allowed here. Although you'll never know what people hide in their pockets or handbags.
    Safety is an illusion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps when USA has been established as long as European nations we'll get over being cowboys :) We can but hope...

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn