Friday, December 9, 2016

Thy Secret Name Is Prude

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ Wheel/Fortune

Yesterday and this morning the card I drew was Lust, renamed and reimaged from Strength. I fan the deck and draw at random so it is a pretty low chance for that to happen. I put it back and redrew both times. Bringing Art/Temperance and Fortune/Wheel into play.

 This wheel with the dead-ish gator, reviving monkey, and proud lion, reminds me no matter where we stand there are millions just like us and millions opposite us, and all the millions of variations between. All that said to say, I'm the prudish and cowardly gator. But I just checked and I did post Lust in 2015. I was younger and braver and lustier then.

"...we can catch buses and count our change and cross the roads and talk real sentences. But our innocence goes awfully deep, and our discreditable secret is that we don't know anything at all, and our horrid inner secret is that we don't care that we don't." ~  Dylan Thomas 1914-1953

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. From birth I have been matronly and modest. I mostly try to fight both, but we am what we am...

      Delete
  2. A lot can change in a year. Maybe you just "really want" something and need to wait for the after Christmas sales. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gone from living wide open (alcohol helped) to a more modest life. Aging is interesting. A friend of mine told me she only had sex in the missionary position - so all her wrinkles would fall back instead of forward. :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn