Friday, December 30, 2016

Transitioning

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Oracle Cards ~ Go The Distance

I love to have something to look forward to!
I love to start a new project on New Year's Day.
My learn something new this year?  Planet Earth via Coursera
My new word replacing 2016's Adapt?  Why Not...

My 2017 project? I'm reminded by this card a few years my enthusiasm has waned or life has gotten in the way and I've failed my intent miserably. Do I think I can make a quilt block a day? Ermm...I do think so. Why Not..
I'm joining perhaps 20,000 other quilters in Kathryn Kerr's 365 Challenge  2017 project. In cheerful yellows.
Here is the mockup in blues. and a pink and green one.

"The perfect no-stress environment is the grave." ~ Greg Anderson 1964-

7 comments:

  1. That is quite a lot of pieces in that quilt, but as you say, why not give it a try? I think yellow sounds beautiful. :)
    I will definitely be checking out Coursera - thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely works of art. Why Not...go the distance. If anybody can, Sharyn can. Get a couple of frogs in your quilting room to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vogue Dec 2016 says yellow is colour of 2017 ⭐️🌙🐤 🐱🍋🍌 (I failed my intent of no magazines - why not?) something in zeitgeist. All the best for your why not Year 💪 👊 👏✌️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovey, have you noticed I haven't kicked you in the (Y) about doing your blog posts? I think about doing it every day. I am the epitome of patience...

      Delete
    2. Haha! That would be the best kind of kick up the a**. I will be back soon I promise :)

      Delete
  4. Best wishes and have loads of fun :)
    The blocks are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you Sharyn, for the challenge of a quilt block a day. I have loved it, and am only about 1/2 month behind, and hope to finish mine in January. I learned so much, and enjoyed the learning.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn