Wednesday, December 14, 2016

What Purpose Have We

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Four Winds ~ Glow worm/Expectation

Their life story plays out like an end-of-times serial. Or science fiction in which the aliens are big and advanced and humans are ants to be stepped on, of no consequence what so ever.

I'm reminded by these tiny glowing strands of endlessly renewing life cycles, were I in their story I'd have been eaten long ago as a useless non-reproducer. And that in the endless solar systems there must be something much smarter and wiser than us, the mindless copious users rather than guardians who serve our world.

"Man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it." ~ John Steinbeck 1902-1968   Sweet Thursday

3 comments:

  1. ahh, i tried to post a response via wordpress and yet again am confounded by simple technology. Anyway, thanks for this--it reminds me that we visited a glow worm cave in New Zealand and it was quite magical. -- Debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this deck is New Zealand based. We have about 4" of snow since last night, want me to send you a gallon zip lock of the stuff?

      Delete
    2. I wish!
      Obama's family is here for their holiday--they stay four miles down the road. I'm wafting some Vibes of Integrity your way :-)

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn