Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Beautiful Flaws

Daily Draw: Tao Oracle ~ Discipline Hexagram 7

"Proper conduct in the face of adversity" Brian Browne Walker

Our personality may lie in a grey zone, our actions are more primal, black or white and prone to switching. One day we are perfectly willing to give our seat on the lifeboat to a child, another day we might decide to be the first one in and stick like a limpet.

We are human. Flawed in the making. Recognizing the weak parts, honing the strong parts. I wonder just how strong and gentle we could achieve in two lifetimes? Three lifetimes? Not half as interesting is my bet.

"Love your curves and all your edges. All your perfect imperfections ..." ~ Toby Gad, John Legend  All of me 2014

4 comments:

  1. Always interesting to watch and see what people do when they get met with an unexpected challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminds me that strengths can also be weaknesses and weaknesses converted into strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remind myself constantly that I am human. The discipline comes in getting out of bed everyday and giving it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "discpline" How I hated that word when I was a teenager and I wished I was more of it now

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn