Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Final Solution

Daily Draw: Minchiate Etruria ~ 9 of Wands

Trying too hard. My Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen is entangled in the EPA diesel cheat drama. I alternate between fury and sorrow.
Fury that we live in a world where money is everything and no one is to be trusted. Sorrow 400,000 cars are destined to be crushed into blocks and stacked somewhere to rust until the end of time.

I'm reminded by this card some solutions are so wrong on so many levels I'm amazed thinking humans came up with it.

"The solution of every problem is another problem". ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe  1749-1832

6 comments:

  1. An often heard 12 Step phrase: "My best thinking got me here."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am try to minimize my footprint. Still I drive cars that will be on the junk pile, and computers, and tvs, and and and. I pray the Earth forgives any of transgressions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I quit smoking years ago, I went around and picked up cigarette butts for a while. Trying to make amends for the ones I tossed out the windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh. I smoked 2.5 packs a day for 20+ years. I remember telling myself they were biodegradable so dumping out the car ashtray in a parking lot was ok. I saw two of those newly dumped yesterday and was embarrassed and ashamed all over again. And when I quit smoking in my home or car, in the car I'd flick them out the window so I didn't dirty my ashtray. Cripes.

      Delete
  4. Although being furious, you can only hope for the best...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn