Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Letter In The Mail

Daily Draw: Tao Oracle ~ Hexagram 42 Increase

Powerful improvements are underway. The nature of humans is to relax and grow careless. Brian Brown Walker Book of Changes

I'm reminded by this card I've completely changed how I do something which I'd guess frees up at least one hour a day. Rather than grow careless I've chosen to resume letter writing to my cousin Margie and friends Joan and Eluned. One a month.  I can do this. I hope. I'm using a yellow legal pad. I'm not able to find pretty stationary.

"I should like to follow a letter one day,' she said, 'just to see where it goes." ~  Julia Quinn 1970  A Night Like This

7 comments:

  1. Everybody loves a handwritten note, well almost. Some cards or letters of condolences are part and parcel of sad days, but still the thought behind those notes are appreciated. I write lots of hand written notes in the business. It has become a forgotten mode of communication in this fast paced lifestyle most have adapted too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always send handwritten thank yous, but as you saw for yourself, I'm sending subject specific cards, with no relation to the subject... using them up.

      Delete
    2. I love receiving your notes and the cards. Hope you got your rocks. Happy happy

      Delete
  2. It's not about the paper but about the words written on it. So many people are losing themselves in looking for the perfect stationary without ever writing one singel letter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see that happening. Being a lazy bum I expect using the legal pad will be the best I can hope for :)But I do remember lots of pretty stationary passing under my pen.

      Delete
  3. Gotta plant the seeds to grow the flowers. You are great at handwriting notes - a skill that seems to be losing ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I write to people the first week of every month,currently there are 7 on the list. I just ordered new stationery from booktopia

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn