Monday, January 30, 2017

Quibbling

Daily Draw: Art of Life Tarot ~ 4 of Coins

Again I take umbrage with this deck, and Wilde, unless stolen is a quibble word.

I'm reminded by this card the people we most deeply care for can exit our life in a heartbeat. Soul is a debatable thing with no sure way of proving we possess one. I can assure you deep depression can suck the light out of life like you wouldn't believe. Perhaps yesterday and today's card are presented to me as reversed...

"My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view, that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then." ~ Lord Byron 1788-1824

5 comments:

  1. Your post and your daily draw make me think of people searching and checking their ancestory. Never knowing some of those who went before us all we can do read up on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilde must not have loved deeply and lost that person to make such a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The platitudinous quotes in that deck put me off also. Reminds me of unscrupulous arm of the self-help industry offering superficial solutions to complex problems. If the solutions don't work you haven't tried hard enough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. quilters say if you have an ugly fabric, you just haven't cut it small enough :)
    I've not had any trouble with this deck before. It was designed as a passage of grief for the artist?writer?, and I can respect that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that - respect that also.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn