Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Scathed And Blushing

Daily Draw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom ~ Harmonia

Opposites attract, so aptly obvious in Harmonia's life. War and peace, kind and cruel, sorrow and laughter.

I'm reminded by this card what is old is new is old again, and we muddle through it all, endlessly clawing to the other side. Scathed and blushing, but sometimes wiser, and always with a good story to tell. Makes a change from weather as a main topic of conversation.

If you're alive, you got to flap your arms and legs, you got to jump around a lot, you got to make a lot of noise, because life is the very opposite of death. You've got to be noisy, or at least your thoughts should be noisy and colorful and lively.” ~ Mel Brooks 1926-

8 comments:

  1. What a strange world it would be without labels and opposites. I'm with Mel - be noisy, colorful and lively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Mel Brooks quote. Let them know we were here. We will not go quietly into the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To hell with Harmony. Let's make some noise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too :D
      "Well behaved children are only to be seen and not to be heard"

      Delete
    2. I doubt that time will come again any time soon. Movies based in the 30's and back show these little automaton 8 of swords figures. It is lovely to see well behaved children in public, I usually stop and commend the mom. The idea of taking 3 or 4 kids shopping makes my heart and knees fail :) How else would they learn though.

      Delete
  5. Harmonia makes me think of the Buddha's middle way. Not quite Mel's flapping liveliness, but there's a bit there that acknowledges that it's not necessary to be pure or perfect, just to be alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Chloe, good to see you. I'd totally love to take one of your lenormand classes. I'm so bad at it I've given all my lenormands away except yours and a one of a kind a friend made for me.

    I think even in quiet meditation I'm flapping on the inside. I have calmed the mad monkey mind though. For now anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn