Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

Big Fat Story

Daily Draw: New Earth Tarot ~ 7 of Swords

A relentless search for the how and why and willingness to take unusual paths. I think the sneak thief 7 is now crushed right out of my stock of keywords.

On the other hand it isn't always pleasant to find I've allowed my mind to be lead down false paths. Have you heard (and believed) that the Great Wall of China can be seen by orbiting astronauts? A claim from a 1794 letter and made again in 1895. Big fat story. I'd also heard and believed when the fog lays in my beautiful Columbia River it can be seen from space like a big white snake. I'm crushed to find that is a big fat story too. I need to do a better job of aggressively vetting my facts. Oh well, this morning it lead me down a lot of google images paths, that can't be all bad.

"What are your historical Facts; still more your biographical? Wilt thou know a man by stringing-together beadrolls of what thou namest Facts?" ~ Thomas Carlyle 1795-1881

6 comments:

  1. I think it is visible from low-orbiting satellites, but that is a different kettle of fish. Change just one or two words, and the "facts" become something totally believable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like all the made up facts that we have read and heard about lately, especially during last year's presidential campaign. Fake news. 'Mystification'

    ReplyDelete
  3. The character in the card reminds me of Icarus, the god that flew too close to the Sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you see the sun, I saw the earth from space :)

      Delete
    2. That's amazing. I really didn't pay attention to the Earth. Ahhh perspective.

      Delete
  4. Well this is indeed a much more pleasant take on the Seven of Swords.
    I also see a bit of arrogance in it which can make one overconfident or even reckless (Icarus flying towards the sun)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn