Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Boundaries

Daily Draw: New Earth Tarot ~ 4 of Coins/Mirrors

Boundaries in life, earth, substance.

I'm reminded by this card
Life: Too tightly wrapped for balance yet wouldn't bother me to wake up dead.
Earth: Well balanced in respect, thought, and action.
Substance: What I still own wouldn't have value to anyone else but has beauty and usefulness to me.
Ah well, life is a process.

"Knowledge once gained casts a faint light beyond its own immediate boundaries. There is no discovery so limited as not to illuminate something beyond itself." ~  John Tyndall l820-1893

6 comments:

  1. It has been an eye-opener to sift through the debris of my friend's home and see what she thinks is worth trying to find and save. Most has nothing to do with cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect shock may have some bearing on it. My post on evacuation :) No sense at all. http://quirkeries.blogspot.com/2016/05/evacuation.html
      still can't think of anything to grab. except maybe 3 sewing machines.

      Delete
    2. Immediately after, I did try to get her to gather prescriptions, important documents and a few clothes. Night was falling so we didnt have much time.

      Delete
  2. it would bother other people..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the last year I have been working on removing some of the stuff and clutter. There are a lot of things that I just won't let go of. With the New Year recently I went from room to room to visualize upon my death what others would likely keep; most I believe they would just get a dumpster a trash it. Nothing to them, everything to me. So since they are going to haul off most of my stuff might as well leave it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me think of my Dad's stuff by now carefully valued and hawked on eBay and all the rest in in a bin bag. It's the binbag things I wanted most :(

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn