Friday, February 24, 2017

Chaos Wrapped In Lies

Daily Draw: Haindl Tarot ~ 8 of Cups

Hexagram 41: Be still, lessen the power of ego, and misfortune will be avoided.
Would it were so for our first nations, our native peoples.

We are, all chaos, all the time. I'm reminded by this card, and Chief Seattle's words of environmental and cultural concern, part of which is in the lower right.


"We know that the white man does not understand our ways. One portion of the land is the same to him as the next, for he is a stranger who comes on the night and takes from the land whatever he needs. The earth is not his brother, but his enemy - and when he has conquered it, he moves on." ~ Chief Seattle 1786-1866

5 comments:

  1. I believe with all the attention on Standing Rock we each are becoming more aware of the natural world around us. Let us hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fault religion for training man to think the earth is our dominion rather than the mother that deserves respect and care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bev!
    "when he has conquered it, he moves on" leaving his garbage (eight cups) behind

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this article on the need to shift from the industrial growth society to a life sustaining civilisation http://www.joannamacy.net/thegreatturning.html But I think most people (myself included) are too selfish to buy into it wholeheartedly until too late

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn