Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Contradictory

Daily Draw: Haindl Tarot ~ 8 of Wands

Finding our direction in life, or scattered or contradictory energies. Heat apparently propels the Wands, heat provides the direction. Hexagram 35 is "you progress like the rising sun. The brighter your virtue, the higher you rise."

I'm reminded by the idea of virtue I could easily name eight people of virtue, but not eight businesses. In the course of the day I might think of eight hundred more people of seeming virtue, sadly counterbalanced by eight hundred more public entities who miss or even actively flog non-virtue. Who am I to judge? And has it ever mattered?

"Virtue has its own reward, but no box office." ~ Mae West 1893-1980  An Uncommon Scold

6 comments:

  1. Sending you happy thoughts today. That depiction of the card looks like a shoe print, as in we go where are thoughts take us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice corollary. These cards are fun to take the magnifier to. The minors all come as parts from larger paintings. The book by Pollack is about 2" thick. She lived with the Haindls for awhile while they worked on the deck.

      Delete
  2. There are seven virtues. I would be happy if I could only master on of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've managed to master Disassociation, does that count?

      Delete
  3. I think it matters (at least on a personal basis). I'll never perfect any virtue, but it is important to realize what direction you're steering toward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I ever saw the world as other than dark brown to black and that comes out in many of my posts. I don't apologize for that as I write for myself, but I often wish my outlook was brighter. But then I'd be disappointed in the world every day ;) At least my way I'm never surprised at how bad the world gets.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn