Monday, February 20, 2017

Fine-ish

Daily Draw: Haindl Tarot ~ 4 of Wands

Perfection. The bubble held in the hand is a magnifier.

I'm reminded by this card we see what is not perfect because we are looking to closely.  I've been practicing a quilting technique which I feel is coming along oh so poorly. On three inch blocks, some with 20 or 30 pieces. Seeing this bubble I'm thinking I should take all my practice blocks, put them on the working wall, and stand back. I'm guessing they will probably be fine. Or fine-ish which is close enough for me.

"Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything,
That's how the light gets in." ~ Leonard Cohen 1925-2016

5 comments:

  1. Isn't there some tribe that intentionally weaves mistakes into their blankets when they loom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I reading that right - 20 or 30 pieces within a single 3 inch block? :O

    I have been wondering about quilting, of late. Thinking to start simple, with some squares, as I do all my sewing by hand (to keep them occupied). I'm guessing I should look a little deeper, rather than just trying to guess how it works :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectionism another form of procrastination. At some point all the great artists had to hang their work on a wall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep stitching them. There is so much happening in this quilt that you do not notice small imperfections. After all, the finished quilt has over 10,000 pieces in it!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn