Sunday, February 26, 2017

Scylla and Charybdis

Daily Draw: Rosetta Tarot ~ Moon

Scylla and Charybdis represent being trapped between rock and hard place; down to two bad choices and no option to pass the buck.

I'm reminded by this card, I've never been in a concentration camp, a typhoon or tornado or tsunami, a train wreck, a cruise ship going down...in which I've needed to make instant decisions that impact life or death to those nearby. What would I do? In the mean time the myriad tiny decisions today certainly impact the rest of my own days.

"Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?" ~ Kimifusa Abe writing as Kōbō Abe  Woman in the Dunes


3 comments:

  1. In that fraction of an instant you make the best choice you can hopeful that you survive the lessor of the two evils. Every decision made impacts us on some level. That Moon card is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done what I thought I'd do. Once prayed every prayer I ever knew, even though I'd left my church days long behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, that spiral looks like a staircase down into the depths, and I see that she is a sea monster, with a claw and scales and the dogs' heads a part of her. How does abiding in the depths change us?
    Very interesting card, as Carolyn says :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn