Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Last Unicorn

Daily Draw: Haindl Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

The ancient unicorn in this painting has chosen the swords rather than go forward in an unforgiving world.

I'm reminded by this card, refusing to stay is a harsh but available option. Each day I inch along, keeping my head down, denying the massive part of the world with which I am unable to cope. Because it has always been this way regardless of  space time continuum. We are who we are where we are when we are.

 "If a unicorn should call to you
Some moon-mad night all washed in dew,
Then here's the prayer to whisper:
Grant me the heart to follow." ~   Bruce Coville under pen name Beatrice Farrington   Old Ragged John

9 comments:

  1. I wonder how much of "I can't deal with this" is only in my head and not the truth. Some stuff feels like I would be crushed beneath it if I tried paid too much attention to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. within my little world, the things beyond coping are pinned to the working wall of my mind, invisible. But my mind and heart begin to circle the area until I can risk a glance. At that point coping and recovery can begin. This might take years or days.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had such a heart but I am like you; keeping my head down and pretending all is well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is safer than my way, of knowing all is dark.

      Delete
    2. I am aware it is just pretending. A bit like closing the curtains when it is dark outside

      Delete
  3. I keep pondering what are supposed to be learning in such times as these?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to join us at the lighthouse. It is not as fancy as Judy and Lloyds cabin. You will need to pin your hat on as it can be a little windy! But it is strong and safe and warm with amazing views. There is an unlimited stash and great lighting :)
    It has an atmosphere of great contentment and room for all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find so long as I keep my gaze close by, I can manage. The challenges that are mine are bearable. Especially, the more I look them in the eye. But the challenges of the world at large? Well, I stopped watching the news many years ago!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn