Friday, February 3, 2017

The Sneak Thief

Daily Draw: Art of Life Tarot ~ 7 of Swords

I woke up thinking about poor old 7 of Swords, doomed to be thought of as the sneak thief/betrayer by the 1909 RWS deck which first presented pictorial minors as a story. See image here.  My seven takes a more tender view...

I'm reminded by this card of pinterest and yesterday's post about culture can change in one generation. Has there ever been a bigger gathering of theft and betrayal than pinterest, anywhere? Ever?

"If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozing out."  ~ Sigmund Freud 1856-1939

4 comments:

  1. That's why I like to work with different decks. Chaos within: love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never did I dream that the White House would be full of such self-righteous, self-absorbed elitism.
    https://i2.wp.com/themarblenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Cartoon-picture.jpg?fit=960%2C1200

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the Seven of Swords in different lights. Never could figure out how come he/she hasn't sliced her hands up carrying those swords. I still see the Minors as a story line; well not all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The original RWS makes me laugh - nicking stuff in broad daylight dressed in a bright red hat and shoes and a yesllow tunic?!? Later interpretations have become darker...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn