Monday, March 13, 2017

365 Days

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ 3 of Wands/Fire

Dimmi: What have you conceived? What is ready to be born?

This year I've taken on Kathryn Kerr's 365 quilt challenge. Not for the faint of heart! 3" blocks when sewn into the quilt,  with lots of pieces. I didn't conceive the idea, Kerr did.












I'm reminded by this card my conception of Kerr's challenge is so brilliant  weird different I can hardly believe I thought of it.  Well...we'll see at the end of the year if it was brilliant or different or a total cluster. One of the blocks this week had 42 pieces and took me 4.5 hours to complete.

"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." ~ Earl Nightingale 1921-1989

10 comments:

  1. Lovely challenge. Me I just keep doing SUDOKU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sudoku. Wow. I cannot get my mind around it. Even when my brain was fresher. My hat is off to anyone who does crosswords/numbers

      Delete
  2. What a fitting quote for such a daunting challenge! I am sure it will become a wonderful piece of work; finishedin a year or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that quote, it is going in my quote journal. I may have it pasted on my forehead.

      Delete
  3. I like the quote and I like the hedgehog. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt if you choose to share...

    ReplyDelete
  4. once I have the large center medallion finished I think I'll be able to show what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote, definitely fits me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire you so much Kimmy, such dedication to exercise and your health. I seem to have lost my way on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is some dedication there, woman. I suppose when we stay in the moment, the process doesn't seem so long. I think I might recognize some of that fabric... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably so! One block a day for 365 days. Yesterday's only had five pieces and it took me seemingly forever, I ripped out and resewed the final seam about 10 times. It isn't perfect, but I'm calling it finished!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn