Friday, March 10, 2017

Brain Shade

Daily Draw: Tabula Mundi Tarot ~ 9 of Swords

Mellen based this card in part on The City Of Dreadful Night

      But I strode on austere;
      No hope could have no fear. James Thomson 1884

Suggesting between hope and fear can lie a third choice, mental chaos.

I'm reminded by this card, the folk with big ones insist we barely touch on the human brain's potential. The fourth choice, total confusion.  No limit of choices actually. And most have their own shade of cruelty.

6 comments:

  1. If hope and fear are two sides of the same coin, and mental chaos is between them, I wonder if it can sometimes act like white noise and be calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't get that card. The image is chaos to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was a beautiful and lengthy poem. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I strode on austere;
    No hope could have no fear.

    Thank you for sharing that poem...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn