Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Chain Gang

Daily Draw: Di Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ 7 of Swords/Air

Dimmi: What action needs taking?

Destroying mother's dementia persona in my mind. Breaking rocks in the hot sun on a chain gang would be easier.

I'm reminded by Di Vinci's study of the christ child, and the perception of a small white boy who grew to be the white jesus with blue eyes. You could break down a mountain of rocks and that perception wouldn't change. Weird that.

"Humans see what they want to see." ~ Rick Riordan 1964-  The Lightning Thief

4 comments:

  1. Some images are ingrained into our DNA or at the least in our blood and bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come South and visit in the homes of nonwhite folks. Their version of Jesus looks like them. My grandsons go to school in a county that is predominantly black (he is generally the only white child in his class). The Santa Claus there last year was black too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 'think' I heard 20-ish years ago that most large US protestant churches took down their white jesus pictures in a show of political correctness. I just did a google image search for jesus christ. Still pretty white...I couldn't care less, but we do hang on to our perceptions. Which without thought can be way out of whack. I think on my mother every day. Still Way out of whack.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn