Saturday, March 18, 2017

Derutting

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ 6 of Coins/Earth

Dimmi: What can you give?

I've been thinking about the mental rut post. And ways to get out of it even when my pleasure is involved. My 2017 words, why not, and this card of giving, caused me to take an abrupt turn, and start my day in reverse.

I'm remind by this card and my propensity to run out of steam, no law says I have to start my day blogging. That started when I was a working and if I didn't do it early it didn't get done.  No law says I need to get to the laundry on Sundays. That task started when I had my beauty shop and Sunday was towel day.  I don't have to start with a piece of fruit, that dates back years when I was doing SparkPeople. Guess what. I'm starting with yogurt. When I get around to it.

I'm giving to myself today. But if I do the same again tomorrow is my new rut filling with footsteps? Being mindful I think is the key, rather than rote.

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely said. I need to rearrange a few things too. Stir the pot so to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect way to climb out of this rut my dear Sharyn. Just doing what you want and when you want to do it and not because it is part of a routine. Going about my days like this is helping me a lot. This way we really have to check in with ourselves; being mindful of our feelings..
    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindful rather than staying set on automatic sounds like a much better way to deal with the rut rather than a mental lashing.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn