Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Herd Bubbles

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Tarot ~ Page of Wands/Fire

Dimmi: What kindles your enthusiasm or passion?

Occasionally sipping the kool-ade of mob mentality, akin to telling our folks "but everyone is wearing/doing/going/buying".

I'm reminded by this card it never was everybody. It was a few vocal people all doing or talking or going or buying, so it seemed like everyone. I doubt I've grown out of that bubble potential, but now I avoid the vocal folk and so far it is working.

"Mankind think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one." ~ Charles Mackay 1814-1889

7 comments:

  1. You are so right about how vocal people seem to be everybody. I was very aware of this phenomena from closeby when my girls reached puberty and wanted to wear, have what "everybody" wore,had etc :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! Am watching your election process closely ...

      Delete
    2. Me too I hope we won't get a populist prime minister!

      Delete
  2. Why the blackened eyes? Like a voodoo page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows? he made thousands of sketches. Blustery here today

      Delete
  3. Reminds me how my mother saved me from many a sartorial error :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but but but...I would have been magnificent in GoGo boots.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn