Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Honorific

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ 2 of Swords/Air

Dimmi: Where is the balance of respect?

I know where this is with friends, my trouble is with people I don't know personally.

I'm reminded by this card to read the press with a grain of salt.
To read every review on Amazon with a grain of salt.
To read every magazine cover with a brick of salt.
To avoid mob mentality, even when it is the comfortable place.
The more I dislike someone the more I use their honorific lest I revert to the childish. Some days it is a hard slog yet respect for others is another form of self respect.

"Self-respect is the root of discipline: The sense of dignity grows
with the ability to say no to oneself." ~ Abraham Joshua Heschel 1907-1972

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of salt. You can preserve things with that much salt. The more I dislike someone the more it turns in to 'road rage.' I wonder if those two riders on the horses are locked in a form or road rage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard for me to dislike someone. Mostly I bury it under good manners

    ReplyDelete
  3. To give those who seem small-minded their own space to be can be a tough one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very rarely dislike anyone. When I do it is usually total :(

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn