Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hope and Despair

Daily Draw: Druid Animal Oracle ~ Frog

The frogs have been singing here for weeks. Glorious sound. Many voices, seemingly able to all start and stop the same instant. At the farm I thought a cow was in distress because it's lowing went on and on. No. Bullfrog. Sometimes as big as a plate. We have frogs here no bigger than a thumbnail. With huge voices.

I'm reminded by this frog of this post. Is my dark outlook on life and world me in the well with the frog? Possibly...I hold no hope at all for our current civilization. Odd when I have such a rich and well lived life of  my own.

"Civilization is fragile and highly ambiguous.
To hope in ourselves would be a big gamble." ~ Christiaan Mostert   Hope: Challenging the Culture of Despair 

7 comments:

  1. A real frog chorus? Wonderful. We have frogs here in the garden but I've never heard them sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. get the spuds outta your ears woman!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qumHHNJ3JMM

      Delete
  2. There is a little culvert close to my home and every Spring the frogs show up and croak. Those sounds and the birds chirping reminds me that all is not lost. Hope Springs Eternal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qumHHNJ3JMM
      The neighbors above us have a manmade pond and it draws lots of frogs. Or one busy frog

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link. I don't hear that from backyard. The nearby University has a pond and some benches to perch on. From there you can hear this similar chorus.

      Delete
  3. Well at least this frog is facing the sunlight; that's got to be better than being stuck in a well. I won't hear much croaking until we get some rain. Then the males will be out advertising their availability. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. odd how that happens. We have a big woodpecker who comes every spring and pounds on our roof. It must work, he always has a smile on.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn