Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lamprey Thoughts

Daily Draw: Druid Animal Oracle ~ Water Dragon

I find myself in the mythological world of giant lamprey, creatures who lie deep in lakes, ponds, wells. The point of the card being deeply held knowledge, potential false memory,  and interests we haven't a clue we are interested in until they show up in our life and door knocker our brain.

Books and eyesight for instance. I see what you see, except I see it crooked, with depth perception always waiting to pitch me sideways. With few exceptions I now read books on my kindle app, so peruse my daily BookBub for reading fodder. The point being exposure to acres of books I would not otherwise considered.

Some I've liked well enough to save for rereading.
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, Salt: A World History, Our Crime Was Being Jewish:, A Street Cat Named Bob, Ghosts in the Snow, Life on the Mississippi, Beyond the Glass Slipper: Ten Neglected Fairy Tales, Border Babes, Beaks, Bones and Bird Songs, Flatlander: The Collected Tales of Gil "The Arm" Hamilton, Finding Me: A Decade of Darkness, a Life Reclaimed:, Brother Hermitage - The Shorts, The Shotgun Arcana, The Earth Moved: On the Remarkable Achievements of Earthworms, to name a few. There are many others I've speed read in parts, a few I've deleted after reading a page or two.

I'm reminded by the little island behind the lamprey, of the second image, which resembles my own stomping grounds.  I'd like to be there with a quilt spread over the ground, and endless hamper of semi-healthy foods, and the books of the world, in my own little well of deep thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely place to be.
    If I remember correctly, is this deck your first deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I studied it so hard all summer long, on the back deck in my rocker swing. A golden memory. Not knowing it wasn't my first tarot deck at all. Probably why I like oracle decks so wall.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful scene. I think you wrote something once about not having much water in your chart? Yet it seems you yearn it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. In my personal area or life..but we are surrounded with water in the Pacific Northwest in general. And I do not have a little brook at the bottom of my garden like you. Are you SURE you don't hear frogletts?

      Delete
    2. No but you have got me singing the frog song! Will stick my head out the back door and see if any join in...

      Delete
  3. I'd love to show up with a picnic basket to your lovely wooded area and talk of books, cards, and life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I discovered this deck in an second hand bookshop. A lovely discovery not to be repeated. I showed the deck to a friend and while looking at each card this Water Dragon was turned up and she all but jumped from her skin. The other dragons didn't effect her, just the water dragon. She said she had lots of water issues in her life. A close call while swimming, broken pipes, leaky roofs, and other water encounters and disasters. For me I just want to throw some goldfish crackers at the dragon until she has her belly full and goes off for a nice drift.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn