Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Overage

Daily Draw: Rosetta Tarot ~ 3 of Cups

Hold your blessings with open palms.

I'm reminded by this card of perspective. Home and family, food and health. Absolute blessings yet tenuous...they can all be gone tomorrow. What about the blessings we control, earthly goods for instance.  What about the closets/cupboards/drawers/storage units full of overage? Gets a little tricky being grateful for that which crushes us.

"What a miserable thing life is: you're living in clover, only the clover isn't good enough." ~ Bertolt Brecht 1898-1956  Jungle of Cities

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure we even control the goods. My washer just died, which means I'll be visiting the Fluff and Fold until we get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here, although it is dryer and kitchen range. Rob is working up courage to back something tomorrow (convection) and I just threw my first dryer load in.
      What I was thinking about is stuff stuffed. In my favor we don't have a storage unit for over overage. Wasn't always so. If things we need (or think we need) aren't at our fingertips they become invisible.

      Delete
    2. My friend had two small barns of antiques, tech equipment, etc. that the tornado blew away like it was never there.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy what you can, when you can. 'Eat, drink, and be merry - for tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just trying to explain how I live on the edge of a sword and it affects every decision I make. The chicken brooder came up, and I asked should we just sell it. and maybe let Angel hatch a few next time she goes broody. The one is short term, the other is long term. I never know which way to jump and I'm pretty sure it in turn affects the time and effort I'm willing to put into a project. Left right up down...

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn