Saturday, April 15, 2017

8-Bit

Daily Pick: 8-Bit Tarot ~ Moon

Art based on arcade games.  What more is there to say at the end of Moon week? If you can think it, you can take tarot's iconic images and do it.

I'm reminded by this card not every idea is worth birthing unless as an amusing exercise akin to sheep jumping the shark, somewhere between waking and dreaming.

"Jump the shark. Reach a point at which far-fetched events are included merely for the sake of novelty, indicative of a decline in quality." (origin from Happy Days with Fonzie on skis in his leather jacket)

"Sometimes they are so busy knowing they could, they forget to wonder if they should." ~ Jeff Goldblum 1952-   Jurassic Park

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard the slogan "Jump the Shark" something new I have learned today. I shall remember a sneak it in a bit of conversation somewhere along the line. Whoever hears will think 'what did she just say?' and then chalk it up to lunacy on my part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are more likely to get the secret handshake. No one likes to admit they watched the show...

      Delete
  2. Amen. I think you were the one who taught me the meaning of that phrase some time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which one, I use the Goldblum one quite often! Funny old world we live in. We are so long past the why of things.

      Delete
  3. One could use these cards for cross stitch patterns. :)
    I have been enjoying this week with the Moon a lot. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is something called minecraft kids are doing (I think) and there are quite a few quilts being made for kids by loving mothers or grandmothers out of squares. I think most any image can be pixilated for textile work. You are such a clever clogs about computers you probably have a program that will do it.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn