Saturday, April 29, 2017

A Cup Is A Cup Is A Cup Is A Cup

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Spirit ~ Ace of Cups/Water

Water as fire. My power is provided by seven dams across the Columbia River which rolls by at the foot of my hill. I see and admire it every day, and I know the dams = energy, but the concept of water = fire hadn't registered.

I'm reminded by this cup there are many things, basic facts of living life on earth, that I am so oblivious to as to make my brain = doorknob. On the other hand I know quite a lot about earthworms. I'm reading The Earth Moved by Amy Stewart. I'm thinking of digging a cup of red wigglers from the garden and treating them to dinner at the compost bin. Worms and bees, we'd have a poor world without them.

6 comments:

  1. I'm confused; is water/cups assigned to fire in this deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, suits are normal. This caught my eye in the book, "the emitting force, Fire, must connect to the receiving form, Water, in order for either to maximize its potential."

      The water forming behind the dams comes through the other side as electrical energy, or fire. Just hadn't thought of it that way before .
      I barely understand 1/4 of the book, but all I need is a word, to spark

      Delete
    2. Your big brain is good at that sparking stuff. :D I learn a lot from its bonfires!

      Delete
    3. mostly I live in the ashes, but don't tell Carolyn I said that :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I have correlated water as a producer of fire, I can see the correlation. Also I guess water can grow wood-trees that can be converted to fuel for fire. All is interrelated; as you stated, all we need to do in turn the doorknob of our minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever thought to TURN THE DOORKNOB...
      But I always have a clear image of the doorknob, the one in the first little tiny house on the farm I grew up on. White glass or ceramic, oval, with a beautiful curly plate behind it.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn