Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Claustrophobia

Daily Pick: Royal Thai Tarot ~ Moon

"The Royal Thai Tarot has been created for fortune-telling by Sungkom Horharin. The authentic artwork (limited to the major and court cards) has been created by Thai artists and honors the art, culture, history and religion of Thailand." Kate Hill, Aeclectic Tarot

Para Rahu. Who  covers the Sun then spits it back out, explaining eclipses. Black food is offered to appease this god and ward off bad luck.

I'm reminded by Rahu, superstition/religion around the world is much like kindergarten. Where we learn about pecking order, worshiping the biggest kid, counting ourselves safe, right before we get creamed. Does faith really offer comfort? I prefer reality, it gives  me something to fight. The thought of hiding in a foxhole gives me claustrophobia, I'd rather moon the lot of them.

“The root of all superstition is that men observe when a thing hits, but not when it misses." ~ Francis Bacon, Sr.  1561-1626

10 comments:

  1. In the words of John Shelby Spong:
    "A major function of fundamentalist religion is to bolster deeply insecure and fearful people."
    and
    "I cannot say my yes to legends that have been clearly and fancifully created."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gives me the heebeejeebees to know how easily we are lead.

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying this moon study never seen a rabbit moon/sun before. Never associated the moon with superstition/ religion before but it's a good interpretation one I won't forget :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. none of the majors/courts were identified so it would be a crapshoot to read with. Public divination is much more common there,if I read my morning research correctly Sungkom Horharin is a well known attorney, with a well recognized divination hot line.

      Delete
  3. I do love to read myths. They give me a better understanding of the way people thought a long time ago. I also love how many stories across the globe are so very similar
    P.S. personally I think there is great difference between religion and superstition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say potato, I say potata, comes to the same thing in the end...spuds.

      Delete
  4. That weirdo has captured the Easter Bunny. Make him let it go so I can get my Easter candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my dad would thunder up the wooden stairs shouting "there it goes, there goes the bunny" and we'd pour out of bed and down the stairs..I didn't go so fast because on one of the stairs tucked against a riser would be an orange marshmallow egg, our bunny's only stock in trade. http://www.candywarehouse.com/products/brachs-wrapped-marshmallow-easter-eggs-15-piece-bag/?gclid=CjwKEAjwoLfHBRD_jLW93remyAQSJABIygGpTnRsMOS8UAJjWis8zgClVbUBJ9LNOlXJd9CAnrP1rRoCzJzw_wcB

      Delete
  5. It's a shame, because every religion has some good ideas, and some superstitions have some fundament (like, it really isn't very smart to walk under ladders, stuff can fall on you). But applying them without reflection rarely ends well :/

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn