Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

Cry Baby

Daily Pick: Japaridze Tarot ~ Moon

The moon card says something in our dark side is up and active.

I'm reminded by this tethered eyeball, I cried yesterday, for the first time since I was diagnosed with a disease of the retina, MacTel 2. Which tells something about me...I cry when I'm furious, not when I'm sad.

I see what you see, I just see it bent. I'm fortunate and thankful to see what I do. The bigger problem is the depth perception. The eye of a needle is bent to the left. There can be two or three thread ends. Eyeglasses on, headband magnifiers on, looking through a magnifying glass...nose to the project, I depend on luck. Sometimes it takes five minutes of trying to get lucky when needle, needle threader, and thread come together.

In webspeak this is TMI Too much information. Just having a whine. And this moon card reminds me, I'm glad I didn't buy this deck, I'd really be whining.

10 comments:

  1. Everybody is entitled to a certain amount of whining (expressing sorrow). And you, my dear (((Sharyn)) have a lots of credit in the whining department. I can advice you to use it from time to time because it is well known fact among fellow whiners that whining soothes the soul especially when it is heard by others.
    Gentle hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more a sense of screwing up my face and swearing just so I wouldn't cry baby. My post entered the purple prose territory...but I do feel better.
      I am truly a most lucky woman in this life.

      Delete
  2. I don't think this is TMI and feeling angry/sad/frustrated is normal. Someone may stumble upon this post one day and realise they have this condition so they know what is happening to them and/or feel less alone. Good brave share and one which makes me all the more appreciative of your work with the cards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could find someone in the family who has it they would fly them in for the examinations. They really need a dna thread to backtrack before a cure might be found. It was just a year ago I crossed country to be part of the larger overall study. Gorgeous cloud formations, a special memory

      Delete
  3. Anytime I was afraid, I would get angry. A good cry sounds like healing of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sharyn, please don't be so hard on yourself. We are all entitled to a good cry or whine fest. What is life, without a bit of self pity? You just can't stay there long.
    The most curious observation is part of your response to Ellen, "I am truly a most lucky woman in this life." The next one will be better. It has to be, my brave friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I'd rather not do it over again, I've already got my forward plans in writing. I'll be the ash in Rob's box. I hate crying it makes my head hurt. And them I'm cross and everyone else around me pays. As Uncle Joe on Petticoat Junction was prone to say "you're pathetic"...

      Delete
  5. I hate crying too. Stuffed up nose, swollen eyes. Snot running. Mostly I cry when I get really mad and then I get mad for mad, and around and around we go. Moon madness - maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have some cake, hon. (((sharyn)))

    --Debra

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn