Pages

Friday, April 7, 2017

Grunts

Daily Draw: Tarocco Piemontese Tarot ~ 3 of Coins

Pulling it all together requires direction and teamwork.

I'm reminded by this card of the woodworking, rock and gem, survivors, cosmetologist,  china painting, fly fishing etc shows, and the attendent merchant malls I've taken in. Licensing exams, public transportation, schools, concerts, funerals... To mount a show of any kind needs planning, coordination, and most of all, the smiling grunts. Where would we be without us? Today it is quilt show!

"The flight attendants on WestJet got the two sides of the plane to have a competition that involved unrolling and passing a roll of toilet paper to the back while the person in the front held the tail end. If the paper broke, you had to start again. Whichever side finished first got to deplane first."  Meyer

6 comments:

  1. Wow I love those quilts. I didn't know you could make quilts like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. quilting encompasses a myriad of styles and end uses. If you ever hear of a quilt show in your area please do go. this looks good http://www.365challenge.com.au/fiera-creattiva-bergamo-italy-october-2017/ I'll check some of my international friends, got to be something closer to you than Italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilts have come a long way since the basic squares and stars variety! Those are gorgeous. Hope you get a chance to go to the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. That is so kind of you, but I am not able to travel far, not even in my own little country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoyed the show. I followed the Queen Bee quilters trail in Whitby last year - the quilts appeared in shop windows all over town before culminating in an exhibition at the Pavilion. So glad I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoyed your quilt show. Time spent with people that have the same passion as one's self is rejuvenating.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn