Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Pale Male

Daily Draw: Tarocco Piemontese Tarot ~ Ace of Swords

A sideslip into symbology of red feathers led me to Pale Male,
the New York central park red-tailed hawk, far more interesting than good fortune good health yada yada.



I'm reminded by this card to look past static meanings, keeping a hawk eye out for health and fortune where least expected.

"My jaw dropped open. “Holy crows…”
“There’s a couple of eagles mixed in there,” Luke commented.
“And a few hawks,” Aiden added.
I rolled my eyes. “Okay. Holy birds of prey! Is that better?”
“Much,” Aiden murmured." ~ Jennifer L. Armentrout 1980-

3 comments:

  1. I have watched the PBS special about this Hawk. He had a pretty huge following on tv as well as people in the streets of New York City. I love seeing them on the wing around here. Five years or so back you didn't see them as much, lately I spot them all the time. I always wish them luck finding a big fat mouse. One less that might get in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of red-tailed here, and even American eagles, particularly when the smelt run is on, so glad to see them coming back

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn