Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Which Why

Daily Draw: Tarocco Piemontese Tarot ~ Pips

If you were playing a hard-nose game of Tarocco in 1517 would you know which pip was sword and which wand? Is it consistent across all pip decks, straight and curved?

I'm reminded by these cards, while sorting the deck by suit, because I didn't remember,  I've forgotten which card was my draw. Does it matter? Don't know. Why are three aces elegant and the Wand the dolt in the corner?

Wands are carried, Swords are wielded. Swords are brains and Wands brawn, like right click and left click on a computer mouse. My card must have been an eight, understanding and undertaking.

I think...curved is Sword, straight is Wand. Insight welcome. As an aside it has only taken me eighty minutes to write/erase/write this post. Definitely was an eight of something.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes you don't need a card to write a post worth reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and sometimes no matter what I write it isn't worth reading...but I do wonder if straights and curves are consistant

      Delete
  2. I can imagine a stone room and candlelight. Perhaps a glass of Barolo perhaps a bet. Not seeing all that clearly. I think the swords are the curved ones although I may feel a fool tomorrow. Swords brains wands brawn I won't forget...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the big bulging brains in the group. Don't trust my guess :)

      Delete
  3. My first attempt at historical decks made me crazy trying to figure out the Swords vs. Batons. Finally thought of the curved swords as scimitars. Love your scans above; the swords cards look like overlapping circles and the batons like a row of diamonds.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn