Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Bent Bow

Daily Draw: WildWood Tarot ~ 7 of Wands/Bows

Ready to accept the challenge.  I know my grammar is atrocious and my spelling skill are(is) nil. And whatever happened to(extra space)  my spell checker is crimiinal(criminal).
So I downloaded Grammarly three days ago. Beyond wanting to kick its arse for being a total bother, and the red underline frighteningly reminicent(reminiscent)  of second grade I'm actually having fun with it.

I'm reminded by these ready bows, part of their update of usage for those days, in(an) effort I'm sure, to get me to be a paying customer.
  • 15 corrections made (those are the ones I agreed with anyway...)
  • 320 unique words used. I wonder if they are counting Sharynisms and misspelled words as unique. Too early to decide if this is an extra bow in my quiver or a time suck.
"Grammar is a piano I play by ear." ~ Joan Didion   Essays and Conversations

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha - my spell checker doesn't know what to do with Southern slang... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya'all don't speak da english
      Thanks for getting me sidetracked when I'm meant to be lawnmowing.
      Grinning like a possum eating a sweet potato”
      “Enough money to burn a wet mule”
      “Ran like a scalded haint”

      Delete
  2. Good wreckomendashun. Might be helpful for the thesis...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when that thesis is complete I'm coming clear the the east coast to shout hallelujah towards you. Or I might turn around here on the west coast shouting in a westerly direction and see if it gets hacked on the way to you.

      Delete
  3. I wish it couLD translate Dutch intO English (better than Google translate does)
    Just popping in to say hello

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I spoke and wrote english as well as you do...

      Delete
  4. As a former proof-reader, I often find spell-checkers more annoying than helpful, especially if they're set for American English :D And they have no poetry in their soul! Still, if it's fun... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chloe. The horrifying part when I was a secretary, was having reread and proofed something...and seeing what I expected to see and the next day Really seeing what I had written.
      I often tell myself, Don't just me, I'm only human :)

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn