Sunday, May 14, 2017

Celebrating A Win

Daily Draw: Enchanted Tarot ~ 6 of Wands

I'm trying to think if I've ever entered any physical contests. None as an individual.  I played basketball for two years in high school, once I was old enough to get a real job that ended. In the 90s I entered a number of quilt shows, there is all kind of ribbons on the back of a door. And I'm thinking of entering the 365 quilt I'm working on now, it is so unusual.

I'm reminded by this card of victory I'm not a competitive person. I'm glad that stress isn't part of my life, although I do understand on some level. My competitor each day is me. My newest win? A six inch quilt block with 82 pieces which finished perfect to size. If you think that is easy, try it. Perhaps the key is our inside/backside has to be as good as the front?

"How can we do our best when we are spending our energies trying to make others lose--and fearing that they will make us lose?" ~ Alfie Kohn 1957-   No Contest

7 comments:

  1. "My competitor each day is me." Absolutely true for me as well; I'm enough of a challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my quilted piece that you gave me. Such a beautiful piece of art. Your art is worth showing. Like that six of wands - put it out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are actually professional quilters out there, what they make is designed and stitched with winning big in mind. I admire the quilters but looking at their quilts just makes me tired. In the big shows $25-50,000 is not unusual for the top prize.

      Delete
  3. Inside/backside as good as the front - clever writing which really resonated with me thank you. I'm glad you compete with your brilliant self if you competed with anyone else the standard would drop!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn