Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Clove Tea Anyone?

Daily Draw: Enchanted Tarot ~ Queen of Coins

The companion book suggests to attract the treasure and stature of this queen, make a cup of clove tea. While drinking it think of people with whom you can share these riches.

This idea made me look up clove tea. I find once again, a cure-all for everything...stimulates blood flow, saliva production, and gastric secretions to aid in digestion. It has anti-nausea effects. Clove tea has also been used to kill intestinal parasites and works equally well at killing bacteria and fungus infections, such as oral thrush.

I'm reminded by this card even queens can believe six impossible things before breakfast. I, on the other hand, believe none of it. If I invite someone to tea it is for the friendship of it, not the magic.

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite "queenism" six impossible things before breakfast. Do you serve crumpets with tea?
    I found another use for cloves. At the health food store they have a Aches & Pains essential oil roll-on and cloves are one of the ingredients. It actually does relieve some of the ache. I still prefer my cloves stuck in a ham, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read the Alice books until I got a Alice deck in 2010. That was my first experience with six impossible things. Also taught me a valuable lesson. Decks based on books will contain a whole lot of characters I don't have a clue about. Jane Austin and Sherlock and Shakespeare and Dracula all come to mind. On the other hand I ordered a new Shakespeare deck a few weeks ago :)

      Delete
  2. It's so hot here (94F), I'll be having my citrus-chamomile over ice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your hot weather has us pouring over map and calendar. Because we travel with our dogs and like May and September. I think it is about 50 here. We are stringing fencing today, good weather for it!

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn