Thursday, May 11, 2017

Needs

Daily Draw: WildWood Tarot ~ Queen of Coins/Stones

The bear knows every single thing she needs is found in nature. That looks like a barebones cave though and a human queen of coins may think filling needs isn't enough, humans being creatures of acquisition.

I'm reminded by this card a bear's needs are satisfied because they are simple. Humans are not. Probably the core reason I like post-apocalypse survival novels, what do survivors seek first? And more interestingly, ninth and tenth?

"Spray a book with insect spray, drop it in a bag, add some mothballs and seal it. Put it in another bag and seal it. Another. The packages piled up on the floor, each a book sealed in four plastic envelopes. ~ Larry Niven 1938-    Lucifer's Hammer

6 comments:

  1. I wonder who would be considered more resourceful, the queen or the bear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen probably, as the bear runs on instinct. The Queen might drag in some branches and have a little lie down...

      Delete
  2. I am guessing first is food, then a place for safety. All other considerations would be mute, but I will ask. What is ninth and tenth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beats me! That is why I'm wondering. What would be primary need after food and shelter were met?

      Delete
    2. I am pretty sure toilet paper is somewhere in maybe the top 20.

      Delete
    3. oh my gosh yes. People would berate themselves for pitching all the phonebooks.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn