Monday, May 1, 2017

Stumble Away

Daily Draw: Chinese Tarot ~ 8 of Cups

"A drinking melody by eight gods". This card is dedicated to poets and artists of the Tang dynasty, 618-907 BCE. I wonder if being remembered for this is preferable to not being remembered at all?

I said this once before here, but every single part of my life I regret was fueled by alcohol. I don't want to remember it, let alone being remembered because of it. Walking away isn't always a sad/bad thing.

"It is the wine that leads me on,
the wild wine that sets the wisest man to sing at the top of his lungs,
and laugh like a fool – it drives the man to dancing...
it even tempts him to blurt out stories better never told." ~ Homer   (c. 750 BCE)  The Odyssey

4 comments:

  1. We seem to be on the same page today. My biggest regrets were always fueled by uncontrolled rage. Add alcohol and it could burn for years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes miss all my good time charlies. When I got into real estate 20+ years ago I had to give up the weekend boozing. I sometimes wonder what happened to all my 'friends' and then I remember that I can still find them on a barstool somewhere. I walked away from those eight of cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it was all a huge bunch of fun...till I was sober and listened to it. Or watched it take my little brother down to the street.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn