Thursday, June 22, 2017

Around The Corner

Daily Draw: Lover's Path Tarot ~ Prince of Coins

Perseus, son of Danae and Zeus, whose claim to fame is slaying Medusa. Which made me wonder about Medusa...ahh, Greek myths, there is always another corner in the story.

Polydectes desired Perseus’ mother, sent Perseus to Medusa, to cut off her head. A fools suicide mission if there ever was one. Of course he was given magic cheats. While Medusa was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time (Poseidon, who desired her and ravaged her in Athena’s shrine. Which ticked off Athena and resulted in Medusa wearing snakes for curls)

I'm reminded by this beautiful young prince, the card might better be seen in reverse...he wanted the big bucks and used any means possible to get it. No doubt becoming an every day captain of industry.

Medusa? The winged horse Pegasus sprung out from her neck, the child of the Medusa and Poseidon coupling...making for more around the corner myths. Court cards, gotta love 'em.

3 comments:

  1. The mythologies of people amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are a lovely font of information. I need to go back and reread all the Greek myths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their imagination must have been huge!!! I love to read Myhts. I am currently reading "Norse Mythology" by Neil Gaiman

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn