Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Bowl and Spoon

Daily Draw: Lover's Path Tarot ~ Death/Transformation

Death is represented by the six months above, six months below solution to the Persephone/Pluto relationship. Persephone and her mother Demeter had no say in the arrangement, resulting in Demeter's angry penalty of six months of fallow earth while Persephone was in deep earth.

Can we make bargains with Death? Never. Modern medicine is as powerful as ancient god myths, but that won't put off the inevitable day for long.

If tomorrow was your day, what would you do with this one?
I'd like a bowl of soft ice cream maybe.

I've had a charmed life and would go without regret. My space is ready, the stone is in place, and I'd be with my parents and sister. What more could I ask for?

8 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything but apple pie with whipped cream for now and yes, dying without regrets sounds perfect to me too. I do prefer cremating though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cremation is my choice too. Also the choice of most of our family members.

      Delete
  2. Exactly what I've done today. Pottering in the garden and walking out with my dogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waves at Triv and doggies!
      It is a great peace to be ready to go whenever.

      Delete
  3. I don't fear death. I was in that in-between place five years ago. I don't think I would do much different... Once while St. Francis of Assisi was hoeing his garden he was asked, "what would you do if your were suddenly to learn that you would die at sunset?" He replied, "I would finish hoeing my garden."
    Still a bowl of ice cream sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have zero fear or apprehension of dying or being dead.
      But there are a lot of really awful ways to get to that point.
      I don't worry about it much, as you and I know, humans live one day at a time and we just bob along with whatever is happening.

      Delete
    2. I like that we are bobbing along. Can't resist the flow of Life might as well bob along. Lovely.

      Delete
  4. I would like a day spent with those I love, telling them what I love about them. And walking or at least being outside.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn