Sunday, June 4, 2017

Bread and Brood

Daily Draw: Elemental Tarot ~ 2 of Wands/Flame

Ishtar, the Mesopotamian goddess of love.
Ishtar, one of the biggest flop movies of all time.

I'm reminded by this card there has been and always will be, massive catastrophic fails when we put our creativity into concrete form. Sometimes before then, when we tell another person about our great idea and enthusiasm. The biggest crusher of aspirations?  Mothers. And that look.

I wonder what the world would be like if, in the classic sense, mothers went out to earn the bread, and fathers raised the brood? I'm thinking by the time she got back we'd already be building the concept with legos, adding brilliant ideas as we went.

2 comments:

  1. That reverse actually did happen in my life (mom was the breadwinner). It was pretty much a disaster, as the stepdad was adept at being cruel. I guess it depends on the individual themselves.
    Glad to see you using this deck again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would add to mothers academics who are also quite good at pouring weedkiller on blossoming ideas. Why it is usually best to get on with the creative work instead of talking about it :)

    Ps your comment about dadly creative experimentation brought back some memories and made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn