Friday, June 9, 2017

Consumed

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ World

 In shortspeak, the figure of the world woman dances, complete.
If you focus your eyes on the white space, there is also a figure dancing.

I'm reminded by this card if consumed by the mad monkey mind, good bad or indifferent, we totally miss what lies within us to make the true whole.

"She nourishes the poison in her veins and is consumed by a secret fire." ~ Virgil 70 BC-19 BC

I don't see this as a negative card but the quote from Virgil reminded me of the year of my life I lost being consumed by rage. What a waste of time and energy.

6 comments:

  1. I try to remind myself of what I have gained from my darkest times. This way it is never a waste of time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for pointing out the white space; I don't think I would have noticed it otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never understood Rachel Pollacks's interpretations on the cards in her Shining Tribe Tarot. I learned so much from her writings and nothing from her deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the companion book, art is mostly based on scared places she has visited all over the world and where I think the title Tribe came from. All I can say about the art is it is better than mine, and it isn't a carabon copy of anything :)

      Delete
  4. My simple approach to living a good life is that it's so easy to say nice things and it can lift so many spirits. Behind a smile belies a mean spirited person and that is a truth none of us can escape. Spreading negativity, particularly on the internet can be so very nasty and affect so many. I choose a life of spreading joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by! When walking down the street I like to look the oncoming people in the eye and smile. Mostly I get a wonderful smile back. I remember when I was one of the people looking at the sidewalk, avoiding eye contact. This is much better, and free!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn