Thursday, June 1, 2017

Fruitless

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Sephiroth ~ 5 of Wands

Misuse of energy. In me this can be recognized as procrastination. I could be sitting here flinging decks and dvds onto Ebay.

My 5 of Wands isn't about tussles with others, but about internal fighting. Not doing something because we are having too much fun doing something else.  I limit my time on-line, but that doesn't mean I'm doing something worthwhile or amazing in another room.
The plus side of procrastination is it Never takes as long to do something as I think it will. When I finally get to it. Another FlyLady lesson.

"Do you remember the things you were worrying about a year ago?  Didn't you waste a lot of fruitless energy on account of most of them? Didn't most of them turn out all right after all?" ~ Dale Carnegie 1888-1955

6 comments:

  1. Wasting fruitless energy: This sounds so familiar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the Five of Wands as procrastination, interesting take. I too get really busy doing not much of anything. Sometimes I move as many as a half of dozen things around and that's all the accomplishing I get done for today. Now has I shuffled them around I dusted some as well; great balls of fire, hot diggity dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your title made me think of some trees and shrubs that have separate genders and won't produce fruit unless both are present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you know there are seeds in Africa which are so hard they have to go through an elephants digestive tract in order to sprout?

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn