Sunday, June 11, 2017

Grain of Salt

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Queen of Coins

A personal cartouche of Pollack's trek to the Ġgantija Temples in Xagħra, Gozo. The central shapes being the view of the buildings from the air, and her connecting the site to the Queen. It is the little square altar upper right that interests me.  After a lengthy description how the five shells are related to her interpretations it is noted as 'left by a German woman named Eva'.

I'm reminded by this card I respect and value the world's ancient peoples thought and intent and action, known or not. But at what point does historical authority dip into well meaning speculation? Best to have a grain of salt handy. even if the word of the Queen is involved.

3 comments:

  1. History is written by the victors which were predominantly men. Besides that we can only try to fill in the blanks with well supported theories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in some places we need a salt lick instead of a grain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't get Pollacks interpretations. I don't think a Queen of Pentacles would be that disjointed.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn