Saturday, June 17, 2017

Homesick

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ 4 of Stones

Do you know why most homes built are fairly close to the road? Because it is expensive to put in utilities. Close is a relative term, many homes in Europe have doors that open to the street. I've read in Italy when you move you take everything, including plumbing fixtures. How does an igloo stay warm? You fill it with people until you are so warm you have to go outside to cool off.

We can and do sleep and eat anywhere. I'm reminded by this card home is more about people than structure. When we are on the road homesick is the place we started from. When at that home homesick is usually the place we grew up. When I'm homesick I go to the cemetery.

"I never wanted to go away, and the hard part now is the leaving you all. I'm not afraid, but it seems as if I should be homesick for you even in heaven." ~ Louisa May Alcott 1832-1888

3 comments:

  1. I got homesick when I moved out of my grandparent's house as a child. Later I didn't have a home to get homesick over until I married my husband. For me, it's a place that love is tied to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one day we will all be there. Home at last

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn