Monday, June 12, 2017

Soft Shrink

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ 2 of Swords/Birds

Do you believe the theory people who bother you reflect your own qualities? I was told that once by the person who irritated me the most of anyone I've ever met.

I'm reminded by this card I think the idea is worth considering if for no other reason than it makes us think about the why. A quick search show lots of pages that smell of soft shrink talk. I don't believe it...or can't...or won't.

"As blather becomes the nation's normal idiom, language becomes printed noise." ~ George F. Will 1941

3 comments:

  1. I thought that people who bother us most are reflecting the things we hate about ourselves??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read that same philosophy too. There are some people who irritate me so much and on occasion I have asked myself what in them mirrors in me? No clue. We all want to be unique, let them have their problems and I can have mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about reflecting the same qualities, but those folks sure can show me where I'm stuck.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn