Saturday, August 5, 2017

Compromised

Daily Draw: Grand Etteilla Tarot ~ 6 of Cups

We can husband our health, energy, time, money, possessions until our cups absolutely run over, having built the best life and environment possible. Certainly something to be proud of.

But our personal paths are immaterial to time.  And the monumental announcements and changes charted by people in power don't mean much either. Because in an overview of time, we've already murdered our Earth and humankind along with it.

I'm reminded by this card, seeing, through the glass darkly, seems to be the focus of my mind. But. But. But. shouts my few grey cells. We've already burned up our past chances and the future will come, without humans, once again, because our climate is hopelessly compromised.

Too bad, so sad. And those cups were so pretty...

4 comments:

  1. As I've said before, if you consider the human race to be the aphids of the earth, it is not such a big deal. After we have consumeted it all and destroyed the leftovers, given time Nature will rise again, (probable without us). I am sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mental picture. Just seems such a waste. And then again I just wish it would hurry up. And then I think what a nice day it is, and the disgust recedes to nothing. Proof that I'm just a grain of sand and why worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first thing I thought of when I saw the card was sand and sea...the enormity of environmental damage can be so overwhelming. Perhaps on a nice day it is enough to do a little bit of good in our own back yard - feeding birds and tending plants that nourish the butterflies and bees.

      Delete
  3. Who knows, another generation of ecologically conscious folks may rise up and attempt to turn the tide.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn