Thursday, September 21, 2017

Sweeping Change

Daily Draw: Legend the Arthurian Tarot ~ Death

Gwyn Ab Nudd is thought to have controlled weather with his horn, so augmenting sweeping change. His place in this myth is as hunter and pick-upper of the dead.

I see the Tower as lightening changes; heart attack, new baby, car wreck. Unless I'm literally dead I see the changes of the Death card as long term, seldom can we change a lifetime habits with lightening strikes.

"The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half." ~ Fyodor Dostoevski 1821-1881

3 comments:

  1. I love it when Death comes up in reading. This card invites us to do some serious soul searching about what needs to be changed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the act of sweeping up broken glass rather than the crash itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I see the Tower with its bolts as something that brings about immediate change, and the change that Death might bring is longer and lingering.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn