Saturday, October 7, 2017

Chewed Leaf

Daily Draw: Lojong for the Layperson ~ Slogan 25

Owning our own internal injuries.
Ignoring the injury causing faults in others.

Do I mean faults of or in others?
Does that mean ignoring? Accepting? Respecting? Not sure where this goes, perhaps it depends on the depth of injury? And whether it is injury to us or self inflicted injury or even imaginary? In reference to others doesn't it all come down to judging someone. Maybe that is the crux of the matter. Stop judging.

I judge myself harshly. I can see that causes internal injuries. I wonder if I can roll those around in my internal hands, recognize, own, then flip them over my shoulder and and tend to what is happening rather than what has happened.

Perhaps the author/artist of this deck will steer me back on the path.

5 comments:

  1. That is a much needed and very wise advice!💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an injury behind every fault or flaw. What stands out is the flaw, but buried deep within is the pain and hurt that caused it. It's easy to judge a person for the fault or character flaw so easily seen, but if we knew what lay at it's root, we might not be so judgmental. That's what this slogan asks us to do - pause and consider that we don't know the whole story behind anyone's attitude or actions. Make the charitable assumption. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. Sometimes even we don't know where the injury originated. We are so strong and so fragile

      Delete
  3. We are our most harsh critic. Someone one said, we can forgive all others, and yet not ourselves. So I guess the answer is not to start the blame game at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that eclipse stamp is so cool. I wonder if they will design more that are dimensional? (((you)))

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn