Monday, November 6, 2017

Boot Camp

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ Page of Cups

Even in stormy times our Page keeps a grasp on the small things. The big lessons come when his trusting and naive nature meet duplicity and misunderstandings.

I'm reminded by this card, our childhood creates the basic Page foundation. Actual Page boot camp makes the foundation of our adult character. Would we think a little more if we'd known this? Probably not, like most advice, in one ear and out the other.

Seems a rather haphazard way to build an adult. How many things will we do today that are a reflection of our Pageiness?

6 comments:

  1. How many things will we do? A lot of that is based on our pageiness education. I am thinking look both ways before you cross street. I can't look both ways much any more, almost got hit by a car yesterday, their fault cause they were driving way to fast, or my fault cause I didn't or couldn't turn a second time to judge their speed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think as a child, I resembled this page the most. I lived in a fantasy world of dolls and storybooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only played with dolls when company wanted to. Had just one, mice ate her nose :)

      Delete
  3. Hopefully your question will be a reminder to be more open and sensitive to other's feelings. :) I think some of us had childhoods that the main objective was simply to survive them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have to think of Rob and what his childhood taught him. He was once beaten with a steel fence post because it was 2" higher than the rest.

      His mother would say "but they all know how to work"

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn